Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
1. DEFINITIONS The following definitions shall apply to the terms and conditions set out below which govern this contract of delivery between you and us:
"We", "us" and "our" means R.A.M. Courier Xpress’ respective employees, agents and independent contractors;
"You" and "your" means the sender, holder of the consignment note, receiver and owner of the contents of the delivery or any other party having legal interest in those contents.
"Delivery" means and includes the whole of the operations and services undertaken by us in connection with the delivery;
"Goods" means an envelope, document, package or parcel which is or are given to and accepted by us for delivery and is transported.
2. THE PARTY WHOM YOU ARE CONTRACTING Your contract is with R.A.M. Courier Xpress or any of their independent contractors that originally accepts the goods from you. You agree that we may sub-contract the whole or any part of the delivery on any terms and conditions we decide.
3. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS By giving us your goods you accept our terms and conditions set out in this contract of delivery on behalf of yourself or anyone else who has an interest in the goods. Our terms and conditions also cover anyone we use to collect, transport or deliver your goods. None of our employees, agents or sub-contractors are authorized to alter or modify these terms and conditions. Where you give us the goods with oral or written instructions which conflict with these terms and conditions, we shall not be bound by such instructions.
4. THE SERVICES The courier shall use all reasonable efforts to deliver in accordance with its regular delivery schedule but these are not guaranteed. Time for the delivery shall not be of the essence in respect of the performance of the services. If the customer uses a “non pod” service i.e. delivery of packages where the courier is not required to obtain a proof of delivery from the receiver, then the courier may effect delivery by leaving the package in/on a porch, garage, shed, back door, letter box, or other location at the delivery point where (in reasonable view of the courier) the package is out of sight of the general public and will not be damaged by normal weather conditions (“safe place”). Delivery is deemed to take place when the package is left in a safe place at the delivery point and R.A.M. Courier Xpress shall have no liability for any loss or damage occurred after delivery.
5. INCORRECT ADDRESS If we are unable to deliver a document etc. because of incorrect address, we will make all reasonable efforts to find the correct address. We will deliver or attempt to deliver the item to the correct address for an additional charge determined by the inconvenience caused. Please note we are not able to deliver to PO Box Numbers.
6. EXTENT OF LIABILITY R.A.M. Courier Xpress’ liability for loss or damage, regardless of cause and including negligence, is limited to the lesser of $100 or your actual damage, unless you declare a higher value, pay an additional charge, and document your actual loss in a timely manner. You may pay an additional charge of $1 for each additional $100 of declared value or fraction thereof. The declared value does not constitute, nor do we provide cargo liability insurance. In any event, we will not be liable for any damage in excess of the declared value of shipment.
To give us opportunity to adequately protect shipments of high value of fragile items such as glass, electronic or medical equipment, computers, furs, art, jewelry, etc. it is agreed that no such shipment will be requested unless the nature and value of items to be shipped are declared at the time the request for service is made. In no event shall R.A.M. Courier Xpress be liable for more than $2,500.00 unless agreed to specifically by management or specially authorized corporate personnel.
Shipper’s failure to declare such high value of fragile items shall relieve us from all liability for loss or damage of such high value items, including negligence. If, after due notice, such items are accepted for delivery, all other conditions stated herein shall apply.
7. EXCLUSIONS R.A.M. Courier Xpress will not be liable:
for your acts or omissions including but not limited to improper or insufficient packing, securing, marking or addressing or those of the recipient or anyone else with and interest in the package;
if you or the recipient violate any of the terms of our agreement;
for loss or damage to shipments of prohibited items;
for prohibited items such as cash or negotiable securities and non-negotiable securities beyond the cost of reconstructing securities;
for incidental, special, or consequential damages, whether or not R.A.M. Courier Xpress had knowledge that such damages might be incurred including but not limited to loss of income or profits;
for loss, damage, or delay caused by events we cannot control, including but not limited to acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, acts of public enemies, ware, strikes, civil commotions, or acts of public authorities with actual or apparent authority.
8.CHARGES All prices quoted are as listed, unless there is a discrepancy in weight, mileage, numbers of parcels/packages, etc., in which an adjustment in pricing will be made. The customer shall pay the charges in advance.
9. RATES AND PAYMENT You agree to pay our charges for the delivery between the locations specified and any value added taxes for the delivery.
10. CLAIMS PROCEDURE Claims not made in writing within 24 hours of scheduled delivery shall be deemed waived by the Shipper. Within 30 days after you notify us of your claim, you must send us all the information you have about it. You are responsible for proving the actual loss or damage. We are not obligated to act on any claim until you have paid all transportation charges, and you may not deduct the amount of your claim from those charges. If the recipient accepts your package without noting any damage on the delivery manifest, we will assume the package was delivered in good condition. For us to process your claim, you must make the original shipping carton and packing available for inspection.
Should any claim be asserted against us by a third party for shipments handled by us, the Shipper agrees to hold us harmless against any such claims, irrespective of the cause of loss or damage.
For more information please contact us via email, email@example.com.
Your rights are not affected.
111. LAW AND JURISDICTION Disputes arising from this contract of delivery shall be subject to the laws and courts of the state in which R.A.M. Courier Xpress is located.
Couriers or any of our independent contractors that accepts your shipment for delivery is based.